We are now a quarter of the way through the season, and the bye weeks are here. I always get sad when bye weeks occur because it means we are that much closer to the end of the season and I have to juggle all my fantasy rosters.
This week has some amazing match-ups, and after a good recovery last week, I look to continue my success.
All lines are courtesy of FootballLocks.com.
Last Weeks Record: 11-5
Season Record: 32-16
Sunday, Oct. 9 games: (Home team in ALL CAPS and winner in bold)
INDIANAPOLIS -2 Kansas City
- Kansas City finally got their first win of the year, but can they put together an actual winning streak? Part of me thinks they could, but the fact that the Colts have finally started to look like an NFL team the past two weeks against Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay makes me believe they can win a game without Peyton Manning. Home field advantage is the difference as Indianapolis gets their first win of the year.
MINNESOTA -3 Arizona
- Minnesota is another team in search of their first win, but this is one I don’t have any faith in. Thus far Kevin Kolb hasn’t played like the star he’s supposed to be, but I think he can do enough to beat the hapless Vikings. I see Kolb throwing all over the place for the win, and I also believe this will be the first time we see Christian Ponder this season.
Philadelphia -3 BUFFALO
- Frank Gore said the Eagles threw in the towel during the 49ers comeback last week. That will really motivate Philly this week as they travel to Buffalo. The Bills on the other hand suffered their first loss of the year against the Bengals and are looking to redeem themselves at home, where they haven’t lost a game yet this season. I expect this game to feature a lot of points and big individual performances with the Eagles holding on at the end for their second win of the season.
HOUSTON -5 Oakland
- The Raiders will have a ton of emotion in this game after owner Al Davis passed away Saturday. They will come into the game hot and ready, but will it be enough to offset the offensive showcase that is the Houston Texans? If Andre Johnson were in I wouldn’t think so, but without him the Raiders will be able to pull off the upset and “Just Win Baby!”
New Orleans -6.5 CAROLINA
- This should be another game this week that features a ton of offensive numbers with very little defensive resistance. Cam Newton will have his Panthers on the verge of victory here, but will only get to see it snatched from him by Drew Brees who should finally have his offensive weapons back and healthy.
JACKSONVILLE even Cincinnati
- Blaine Gabbert hasn’t performed as well as other Rookie quarterbacks this year, but this week he has another good chance to get the first win of his young NFL career. The Bengals keep surprising me each week, and whenever I pick them to lose I am wrong, but this week I see the Jags getting the win.
PITTSBURGH -3 Tennessee
- When will the Steelers play like the team we are accustomed to seeing? Big Ben is nursing another injury this week, but he should be good to go. Unfortunately he is facing off against the Titans who have had a bit of a renaissance under Matt Hasselbeck. Chris Johnson is finally starting to look like the guy we thought he was, and that coupled with the Titans passing game should lead to an upset over Pittsburgh.
NEW YORK GIANTS -9.5 Seattle
- The Giants were gifted a win last week in Arizona after Victor Cruz fumbled the ball away but was called down by the refs. This week it won’t really matter as the Giants chase Tarvaris Jackson all around the field and run away with an easy win to move to 4-1.
SAN FRANCISCO -3 Tampa Bay
- The 49ers are one of the more surprising teams this season, while Tampa Bay has yet to live up to its potential. Ultimately I think Tampa will pull the upset this week even though LeGarrette Blount has the unenviable task of grounding it out against Patrick Willis & Co.
NEW ENGLAND -7.5 NY Jets
- The Jets offense looked pitiful last week. Part of it was due to the fact that they were playing the Ravens, but either way Jets fans have to question whether Mark Sanchez is the quarterback of the future. All of this goes without even mentioning how amazing Tom Brady and the New England offense has played this year. Before the season I would have picked the Jets, but I think the Patriots will run away with this one.
San Diego -3.5 DENVER
- Will this be the week Tim Tebow gets some serious minutes? If I’m a Denver fan I would hope not, but I think John Fox is is close to pulling the plug on Kyle Orton. No matter which guy lines up under center for Denver, I think the Chargers will dominate this game.
Green Bay -5.5 ATLANTA
- Earlier this year I would have loved the idea of this game. But with how amazing the Packers have looked mixed with how bad the Falcons have played, I don’t see this being a competitive game. Matt Ryan will have a solid performance against the undermanned secondary of the Packers, but Aaron Rodgers will dominate the Atlanta defense all over the field.
Monday Oct. 10:
DETROIT -5 Chicago
- What a week to be from Detroit. The Tigers are in the ALCS after beating the Yankees and the Lions are going to be 5-0 after beating the Bears. Last week it took a huge comeback on the road in Dallas to stay undefeated, but this week all they have to do is contain Matt Forte to walk away a winner.